Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fabric stamping, organizing, and some Finishes etc


I made another watermelon table topper for another friend's birthday.

This time I used a machine decorative stitch for the quilting.  Click here to see where I updated my tutorial with the details.

I also did a leaf and vine design to quilt this plum and pinks triangle quilt.
Once again the Glide thread came through to help with my quilting.
Here I tried some fabric stamping by inking the stamp with a fabric marker.  I had to add many details with a micron pen to improve the stamped image, though.
More about this needle book project later
 






I've been following along a bit with Sherri at a Quilting Life because she's blogging about organizing sewing rooms and I read it with no hope of tackling my messes for now, but it must have registered in the back of my mind and little by little, I got quite a bit done lately.  I purchased this thread organizer from Amazon and it was fun to put the spools in rainbow color order.

I also went through my ribbons and organized them (this is just one of the drawers).  My daughter gave me this ribbon organizer (top of the pic) for Christmas a couple years ago and I'd never even took it out of the wrapper.  Now it's put to good use!
I sewed together this Quilt Studio wall hanging (but still need to finish it).  Pattern by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts
And I got this quilt all bound and gave it to a niece for her high school graduation.
Linking up with:
Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts
Lee at Freshly Pieced
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
and Lorna at Sew Fresh Quiltshttp://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/p/lets-bee-social.html

1 comment:

Jeni B Quilts said...

Wow! You have been busy! All your projects turned out beautiful...

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...